The Vila Galé Group is committed to ensuring the protection of people who wish to report, internally, a violation or a possible irregularity, under the terms of European Directive 2019/1937.
The Vila Galé Group prohibits retaliation against any person who, based on reasonable grounds to believe that there is a violation or suspected irregularity, reports it and provides information obtained in a professional context.
This Whistleblower Protection Policy applies to the Vila Galé Group, comprising Vila Galé - Sociedade de Empreendimentos Turísticos S.A., with head office in Alameda Bonifácio Lázaro Lozano, 9. 2780-125 Oeiras (Portugal), its subsidiaries, Vila Galé Internacional S.A., Vila Galé Évora S.A., Casa de Sta Vitória S.A., XVinus Companhia Enoturistica LDA, Vila Galé Brasil LTDA, VG Cumbuco LTDA, Cumbuco Golf Resort LTDA, Casa de Santa Vitória – Brasil LTDA, Ria LTDA – ME, Ancra LTDA, Park Road LTDA and all the hotels in the group, namely:
- Eco Hotel Vila Galé Albacora, Quatro Águas 8800-901 Tavira
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Ampalius (Apartment Hotel), Alameda Praia da Marina 8125-408 Vilamoura
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Atlântico (Apartment Hotel), Praia da Galé - Apt. 2436 8200-995 Albufeira
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Cascais (Apartment Hotel), R. Frei Nicolau de Oliveira, 80, Parque da Gandarinha 2750-641 Cascais
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa (Apartment Hotel), Rua do Município, Lt. 26 - Apt. 2155 8200-916 Albufeira
- Hotel Rural Vila Galé Clube de Campo (Rural Hotel), Herdade da Figueirinha - Santa Vitória 7800-730 Beja
- Vila Galé Coimbra, Rua Abel Dias Urbano, 20 3000-001 Coimbra
- Vila Galé Douro Vineyards, Quinta do Val Moreira – Marmelal – Sto Adrião 5110-672 Armamar
- Vila Galé Ericeira, Largo dos Navegantes 2655-320 Ericeira
- Vila Galé Estoril, Av. Marginal, Apt. 49 2766-901 Estoril
- Vila Galé Évora, Avenida Túlio Espanca 7005-840 Évora
- Vila Galé Lagos, Rua Sophia de Melo Breyner Andresen, Meia Praia 8600-295 Lagos
- Vila Galé Marina, Avenida da Marina 8125-401 Vilamoura
- Vila Galé Náutico, Vale do Olival 8365-158 Armação de Pêra
- Vila Galé Ópera, Travessa Conde da Ponte 1300-141 Lisboa
- Vila Galé Porto, Av. Fernão de Magalhães, n. 7 4300-190 Porto
- Vila Galé Porto Ribeira, Cais das Pedras 17-22 - Lordelo do Ouro e Massarelos 4050-465 Porto
- Vila Galé Santa Cruz, Rua São Fernando, 5 9100-173 Santa Cruz
- Vila Galé Sintra, Conference & Revival SPA,Rua da Fonte da Granja, 165 2710-635 Várzea de Sintra
- Vila Galé Tavira, Rua 4 de Outubro 8800-362 Tavira
- Vila Galé Collection Palácio dos Arcos, Largo Conde das Alcáçovas, 3 2770-031 Paço de Arcos
- Vila Galé Collection Braga, Largo Carlos Amarante 4700-308 Braga
- Vila Galé Collection Douro, Lugar dos Varais - Cambres 5100-426 Lamego
- Vila Galé Collection Elvas, Avenida 14 de Janeiro, nº 13 7350-092 Elvas
- Vila Galé Collection Praia, Praia da Galé, Lote 33, Apt. 2204 8201-917 Albufeira
- Vila Galé Alagoas, Sitio Riacho das Varas, SN – Ilha da Croa CEP: 57925-000 Barra Sto António, Alagoas
- Vila Galé Marés, Rua Praia de Guarajuba - s/n CEP: 42820-000 Camaçari, BA
- Vila Galé Cumbuco, Rua Lagoa das Rosas, s/n CEP: 61619-500 Caucaia, CE
- Vila Galé Eco Resort de Angra, Estrada Vereador Benedito Adelino, 8413, Fazenda Tanguá 23909-901 Angra dos Reis, RJ
- Vila Galé Eco Resort do Cabo, Avenida Beira Mar, 750 - Vila Suape 54590-900 Cabo de Santo Agostinho
- Vila Galé Fortaleza, Av. Dioguinho, 4189 - Praia do Futuro CEP: 60183-707 Fortaleza, CE
- Vila Galé Rio de Janeiro, Rua Riachuelo, 124, Lapa, CEP: 20.230-014 Rio de Janeiro
- Vila Galé Paulista, Rua Bela Cintra, 952, CEP: CEP:01.415-002 São Paulo
- Vila Galé Salvador, Rua Morro Escravo Miguel, 320 - Ondina CEP: 40170-000 Salvador, BA
- Vila Galé Touros, Fazenda das Garças, s/n – Gameleira Zona Rural de Touros 59584-000
1. Which matters may be reported?
Whistleblowers can report information, obtained in a professional context, regarding suspected irregularities or violations - current or potential - of:
- Laws and regulations applicable to the Vila Galé Group;
- Internal audit and control policies;
- Policies of information disclosure to clients or suppliers;
- Situations that jeopardise the safety of people and property;
- Situations that jeopardise the good functioning of the organisation;
- Unethical behaviour;
- Retaliation for reporting or participating in an investigation.
The violation or suspected irregularity must be based on reasonable grounds. This means that the whistleblower does not need to prove the violation or irregularity, but must be able to substantiate their suspicions based on observations, documents, e-mails, reports or photos. A rumour is neither sufficient nor reasonable grounds for making a complaint.
2. Who can make a report?
All employees who work or have worked for Vila Galé, including temporary workers, freelancers, interns, volunteers or applicants under recruitment, can report information.
3. How can you report?
Violations or suspicions of irregularities can be reported by filling in a form at www.vilagale.com/protecaodenunciantes.
When making a report, the whistleblower may remain anonymous or give permission for their identity to be revealed, but must always provide the necessary information to enable the situation to be properly investigated and so that the consequences of the report are communicated to them. Reports that are insufficiently substantiated, unreasonable or lacking in factual information will not be investigated.
After the denunciation, a report receipt is delivered to the whistleblower, within a maximum period of 7 days.
The Vila Galé Group will manage the reports confidentially, and may, if deemed appropriate and necessary, communicate the breach or suspected breach to third parties, including regulatory, governmental or police agencies.
Within a maximum period of 12 weeks, after the denunciation, the whistleblower will be informed about the process and will be required to keep all the information received confidential.
Whistleblowers who feel they may be subject to retaliation for reporting a possible violation or suspected irregularity should contact Human Resources immediately.
4. Alternative whistleblowing methods
Whistleblowers benefit from the legal protection enshrined in Directive 2019/1937 when they first report information about the breaches internally. If, after having reported internally, the whistleblower receives no response or considers that the matter has not been properly investigated, they may choose to report the breach or suspected wrongdoing to the relevant public authority.
5. Personal Data Protection
The Vila Galé Group, responsible for the data handling, uses the information collected to conduct investigations, to make the necessary communications to the unfolding of the process and to comply with legal obligations. The legitimacy grounds that allow the Vila Galé Group to treat the data are the consent of the whistleblower and the fulfilment of legal obligations.
The Vila Galé Group transfers the personal data collected at an internal and international level, within the scope of its organisation, in order to better manage any processes deemed necessary. The Vila Galé Group has taken the appropriate assurance measures for the international transmission of personal data through a legal procedure called “standard data protection clauses”, which is recommended and adopted by the European Commission and by the National Data Protection Authority of Brazil.
Data subjects may at any time review, update and decide what type of data they wish to have stored and are guaranteed the right to confirm incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data handling, data access and correction, the right to anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive data or data that was handled in breach of the Law, the right to data portability to another service or product provider, upon express request, in accordance with national authority regulations, complying with commercial and industrial secrets, the right to the deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the data subject, except as provided in the Law, the right to inform public and private entities the controller has made shared use of data with, the right to information about the possibility of not consenting and about the consequences and the right to revoke consent.
The Data Protection Officer may be contacted directly via the e-mail email@example.com; you may at any time request them to exercise the applicable rights.
The whistleblower’s personal data is kept until the purpose for which it is intended has been achieved, and will be deleted after a maximum of 2 years from the end of the process.