The Vila Galé Group is committed to ensuring a quality service to all clients and website visitors, as well as regarding all privacy-related aspects. All personal information relating to clients, members or website visitors is handled in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The mere fact of visiting and browsing through this website does not automatically register data that could identify users. However, there is certain information that is collected and recorded. A Cookie is a small text file that is created and recorded on your computer or device disc when you visit certain websites. This file allows for greater customisation and faster access to the page and improves your online experience. By identifying your device’s technical information, such as the Internet Protocol, operating system or browser type, we improve the quality of your visit to our site. The majority of browsers automatically accepts those files, but you may delete them or set them to be automatically blocked.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERSONAL DATA?
These personal data protection terms apply to the Vila Galé Group, comprising Vila Galé - Sociedade de Empreendimentos Turísticos S.A., with head office in Alameda Bonifácio Lázaro Lozano, 9. 2780-125 Oeiras (Portugal), its subsidiaries, Vila Galé Internacional S.A., Vila Galé Évora S.A., Casa de Sta Vitória S.A., XVinus Wine Tourism Company, Vila Galé Brasil LTDA, VG Cumbuco LTDA, Cumbuco Golf Resort LTDA, Casa de Santa Vitória – Brasil LTDA, Ria LTDA – ME, Ancra LTDA, Park Road LTDA and all the hotels in the group, namely:
- Eco Hotel Vila Galé Albacora, Quatro Águas 8800-901 Tavira
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Ampalius, Alameda Praia da Marina 8125-408 Vilamoura
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Atlântico, Praia da Galé - Apt. 2436 8200-995 Albufeira
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Cascais, R. Frei Nicolau de Oliveira, 80, Parque da Gandarinha 2750-641 Cascais
- Hotel Apartamento Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa, Rua do Município, Lt. 26 - Apt. 2155 8200-916 Albufeira
- Hotel Rural Vila Galé Clube de Campo, Herdade da Figueirinha - Santa Vitória 7800-730 Beja
- Hotel Vila Galé Coimbra, Rua Abel Dias Urbano, 20 3000-001 Coimbra
- Hotel Vila Galé Collection Alter Real, Coudelaria de Alter - Tapada do Arneiro 7440-152 Alter do Chão
- Hotel Vila Galé Collection Braga, Largo Carlos Amarante 4700-308 Braga
- Hotel Vila Galé Collection Douro, Lugar dos Varais - Cambres 5100-426 Lamego
- Hotel Vila Galé Collection Palácio dos Arcos, Largo Conde das Alcáçovas, 3 2770-031 Paço de Arcos
- Hotel Vila Galé Collection Praia, Praia da Galé, Lote 33, Apt. 2204 8201-917 Albufeira
- Hotel Vila Galé Douro Vineyards, Quinta do Val Moreira – Marmelal – Sto Adrião 5110-672 Armamar
- Hotel Vila Galé Ericeira, Largo dos Navegantes 2655-320 Ericeira
- Hotel Vila Galé Évora, Avenida Túlio Espanca 7005-840 Évora
- Hotel Vila Galé Estoril, Av. Marginal, Apt. 49 2766-901 Estoril
- Hotel Vila Galé Lagos, Rua Sophia de Melo Breyner Andresen, Meia Praia 8600-295 Lagos
- Hotel Vila Galé Marina, Avenida da Marina 8125-401 Vilamoura
- Hotel Vila Galé Náutico, Vale do Olival 8365-158 Armação de Pêra
- Hotel Vila Galé Ópera, Travessa Conde da Ponte 1300-141 Lisboa
- Hotel Vila Galé Porto, Av. Fernão de Magalhães, nº 7 4300-190 Porto
- Hotel Vila Galé Porto Ribeira, Cais das Pedras 17 a 22 - Lordelo do Ouro e Massarelos 4050-465 Porto
- Hotel Vila Galé Santa Cruz, Rua São Fernando, 5 9100-173 Santa Cruz
- Hotel Vila Galé Serra da Estrela, Caldas de Manteigas - Fonte Santa 6260-013 Manteigas
- Hotel Vila Galé Tavira, Rua 4 de Outubro 8800-362 Tavira
- Hotel Vila Galé Collection Elvas Historic Hotel, Conference & Spa, Avenida 14 de Janeiro, nº 13 7350-092 Elvas
- Hotel Vila Galé Sintra, Conference & Revival SPA,Rua da Fonte da Granja, 165 2710-635 Várzea de Sintra
- Vila Galé Marés, Rua Praia de Guarajuba - s/n CEP: 42820-000 Camaçari, BA
- VG Sun Cumbuco By Vila Galé, Rua Lagoa das Rosas, s/n - Praia do Cumbuco 61619-500 Caucaia, CE
- Vila Galé Cumbuco, Rua Lagoa das Rosas, s/n CEP: 61619-500 Caucaia, CE
- Vila Galé Eco Resort de Angra, Estrada Vereador Benedito Adelino, 8413, Fazenda Tanguá 23909-901 Angra dos Reis, RJ
- Vila Galé Eco Resort do Cabo, Avenida Beira Mar, 750 - Vila Suape 54590-900 Cabo de Santo Agostinho
- Vila Galé Fortaleza, Av. Dioguinho, 4189 - Praia do Futuro CEP: 60183-707 Fortaleza, CE
- Vila Galé Rio de Janeiro, Rua Riachuelo, 124, Lapa, CEP: 20.230-014 Rio de Janeiro
- Vila Galé Paulista, Rua Bela Cintra, 952, CEP: CEP:01.415-002 São Paulo
- Vila Galé Salvador, Rua Morro Escravo Miguel, 320 - Ondina CEP: 40170-000 Salvador, BA
- Vila Galé Touros, Fazenda das Garças, s/n – Gameleira Zona Rural de Touros 59584-000
To guarantee the security of your data, we handle all the information that you provided us in an fully confidential manner, in accordance with our internal policies and procedures on security and confidentiality and we do not share personal data with third parties for commercial purposes. Vila Galé Group only subcontracts entities that offer the appropriate technical and organizational measures. Vila Galé regulates the subject matter, the duration of the data handling, the nature, the purpose of the processing, the type of personal data, the categories of the data subjects, the parties’ rights and obligations and it uses third parties to send e-mails and SMS.
The Vila Galé Group transfers the personal data collected at an internally and internationally level, within the scope of its organization, in order to better adjust its services’ offer and convenience. The Vila Galé Group has taken the appropriate assurance measures for the international transmission of personal data through a legal procedure called “standard data protection clauses”, which is recommended and adopted by the European Commission and by the National Data Protection Authority of Brazil.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED?
The Vila Galé Group uses the information collected to carry out room booking processes, accommodation agreements, purchase of vouchers, products, services or treatments, for customer management, historical and statistical purposes, access to customer areas, for complying with legal obligations, invoicing and managing information requests.
Personal data handling is a necessary condition for rendering our services and for selling products.
In addition to these purposes, we use the information collected to tailor our products and services to our clients, to send - at the request of the data subject - information, promotions and awards depending on stays by newsletter, e-mail, SMS or telephone call, and for sending satisfaction surveys and service quality control.
The said communications are about products and services by Vila Galé or its partners we have an agreement with and do not constitute any legal or contractual obligation. When handling is based on consent, the holder has the right to withdraw consent at any time. The subsequent withdrawal of consent does not compromise the legality of the handling performed on the basis of this consent.
Personal Data is collected when you subscribe to our newsletter, register on the Site, request a contact or information, purchase a product or enter into an agreement with the Vila Galé Group. Common Personal Data such as name, gender, date of birth, telephone, mobile phone, e-mail, address, personal identification number, taxpayer identification number and others required to render or charge the service are collected.
Automated decisions can be made, such as profile definition, in order to better tailor our offer to the needs of our clients and to allow clients who are members of the Vila Galé Club to receive specific promotions and benefits.
The grounds of legitimacy that allow the Vila Galé Group to handle the users' data are the visitors' voluntary access and navigation, the Vila Galé Group's compliance with legal obligations, when applicable, the entering into contracts, and if the client consents or if a legitimate interest applies, the sending of information.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT TO ACCESS, RECTIFY OR DELETE THE DATA?
Our clients and visitors have different privacy concerns and can at any time review, update and decide what type of data they wish to be stored. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address Vila Galé - Sociedade de Empreendimentos Turísticos SA , Campo Grande, 28 - 11º, 1700-093 Lisbon, to whom you can request at any time a copy of your data, as well as to withdraw your consent, rectify it, erase it, limit it, decide on its transferability and oppose to its handling. On our website, you can view and control certain types of information associated with your account, view and edit your preferences and ask for the deletion or portability of your personal data by simply entering your User ID and Password.
HOW LONG IS THE DATA STORED?
The personal data is kept until the end for which they are intended. In the case of customer data, these will be deleted 2 years after the last interaction with our services or hotels, or, as long as the customer b
Our clients and visitors have different privacy concerns and may at any time review, update and decide what type of data they wish to have stored and are guaranteed the right to confirm incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data handling, data access and correction, the right to anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive data or data that was handled in breach of the Law, the right to data portability to another service or product provider, upon express request, in accordance with national authority regulations, complying with commercial and industrial secrets, the right to the deletion of personal data processed with the consent of the data subject, except as provided in the Law, the right to inform public and private entities the controller has made shared use of data with, the right to information about the possibility of not consenting and about the consequences and the right to revoke consent.
The Data Protection Officer is Mr. Pedro Baptista and he can be contacted directly via the e-mail email@example.com. You may at any time request him to exercise those rights. On the Customer Area - My Vila Galé - of our website, you can view and control certain types of information connected to your account, view and edit your preferences and ask for the deletion or portability of your personal data by simply entering your User ID and Password.
HOW LONG IS THE DATA STORED?
In case the customer contracts our hotels’ services in Brazil, the Vila Galé Group may transfer the data within the scope of its organization in order to better match the offer and the convenience of our services. The Vila Galé Group has taken the appropriate guarantee measures for its transmission throu
The personal data is kept until the end for which they are intended. In the case of customer data, these will be deleted 2 years after the last interaction with our services or hotels, or, as long as the customer benefits from a Vila Galé loyalty program, if at a later date, and if applicable. There may be legal provisions requiring that personal data be kept for a longer minimum period of time.
The data subject may file a complaint to the supervisory authority.
If you subscribe to our Newsletter, you will receive information about our promotions and highlights by e-mail. Should you no longer wish to receive Newsletters, you can remove your address from our mailing list by clicking on the link displayed at the bottom of each newsletter. If you are a registered client you can modify your personal data and edit your preferences at any time by entering your Username and Password in the Customer Area.
Whenever your personal data is requested, that communication takes place through a SSL (Secured Sockets Layer) safe line - when you are using browsers that allow for SSL - which means that your information will be sent over the Internet in encrypted form. You can confirm that you are on safe mode when you see a padlock icon or key at the bottom right or bottom left of your screen.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS
Under the terms of the Portuguese Law no. 34/2013, of May 16th, and Ordinance no. 273/2012, of August 20th, our hotel units may carry out closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance for the visitors’ protection. The warnings about the existence of these systems are well visible in the areas under surveillance.